NEW YORK — June 8, 2022 — Last month, Baretz+Brunelle announced the launch of its new Talent Intelligence & Acquisitions practice, a first-of-its-kind offering that provides firms with holistic lateral hiring support, to be run by B+B partner Howard Rosenberg. Today, B+B announces the hiring of Aaron Byron, a decorated former U.S. Army intelligence officer, who will help lead and manage the team that produces military-grade intelligence reports on law firm lateral candidates for firms to use to make more informed decisions about prospective hires.
Before joining B+B, Byron served 12 years of active duty, including as a major, in the U.S. Army, during which he led numerous high-profile classified intelligence and counterintelligence operations domestically and internationally. His domestic engagements included work as a senior intelligence officer, 1st Cavalry Division, a role in which he served as the engineer battalion commander’s subject matter expert on integrating intelligence collection and analytical capabilities into operations, and led the design, implementation and completion of intelligence operations and products for the unit. Internationally, he led a team of senior counterintelligence professionals in the oversight of the Army’s CI program in Korea and developed policies and procedures pertinent to activities supporting over 20,000 U.S. military personnel and allied partners.
“It is a true honor to have someone of Aaron’s caliber on our team; his military service and vast experience will provide the foundation for an unmatched quality of service for our law firm clients,” said Howard Rosenberg, partner and head of B+B’s Talent Intelligence & Acquisitions practice.
The B+B Talent Intelligence & Acquisitions practice offerings will include:
- Military-Grade, Pre-Hire Intelligence Reports, providing law firms with detailed intelligence reports on prospective lateral hires, allowing for more deeply informed decisions on the strategically important lateral hires to which firms devote significant resources. (Reports will be developed by former military officers and trained professionals who specialize in intelligence gathering and analysis).
- Bespoke Marketing & Communications Efforts to re-brand laterals, transition full books of business and address growth and success.
- Onboarding Support, including client integration, internal communications and business development/cross-selling planning.
- Metrics-based Assessment Reports to maximize client development opportunities, law firm investment and individual partner economics.
- Under development: Predictive Analytics Tools to harness the power of data science to maximize the success of lateral transitions and integration.
Byron is an executive MBA candidate, class of 2023, at Cornell SC Johnson College of Business and a graduate of the U.S. Army’s Officer Candidate School. He received his B.A. from Quinnipiac University.